Faded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faded

Everything is gone, its only the canines and the little prey there is left.One moment we were living in peace with the humans in this village, we would hunt with them and everything was perfect. Then all at once it happened, the humans were dying in their sleep and sleep walking into the forest.They would never return from the forest, if they did then it was weeks later and they were dead, lifeless corpses bent on killing us. We don't know what happened exactly that day, but we know now how dangerous it is to sleep alone, we have to stay close to each others hearts. There is no room for distrust in the other canines for I believe we will be the next to fade.

Time
Date: March 10, 2020
Season: Early Spring
Time of Day: Noon

Roleplay Example- The Village

+16
Hellhounds
Spawns
Margo
Ghosts
Sirius
Saine
Killjoy
Eel
Kaya
Shazta
Red
Chelsea
Rocky
Lincoln
Silas
Sam
20 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Roleplay Example- The Village Empty Roleplay Example- The Village

Post by Sam Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 am

Roleplay Example- The Village Create.php?text=Sammy&name=Achafita
Roleplay Example- The Village Create.php?text=I%20dont%20have%20a%20past%20I%20just%20have%20a%20chance&name=Achafita
Sam's bright green eyes held dark bags beneath them, casting dark shadows below them and making him look quite grim. The multi-colored male let out a soft yawn and his eyes fluttered slightly only for his head to jolt, sending his eyes open again. he could not fall asleep, he was alone now, his whole family was dead and he wasn't even sure if there was anyone left in the village.

He glanced over to Derek's dead body, bloody eyes and bloody ears. He had no idea what had happened to his older brother, he just came back and he was like that, not a scar on his body just blood pouring out of his ears and eyes in heavy streams. His eyes went soft and he whined softly, he wished he knew if Lincoln was alive or not, for all he knew the eldest brother could be wondering around all alone just like him.

Sammy let out a soft sigh and shook his head. he didn't know how long it had been since he slept, but he was drop dead tired and needed to find someone to sleep with him fast. Although his dreams were always so real and so frightening in that labyrinth with the near death experiences and the same scars he woke up with it was the only sleep he could get. Growling loudly in frustration he stood up quickly and began pacing around, subconsciously wiping his paws across the cobble stone path and brushing fallen nettle, dirt, and bloodied pieces of cloth off of the path. Him cleaning like this soothed his mind and helped him not think of what sleep would bring and all his regrets about not having a good relationship with his brothers or his dad.

But even this pleasure didn't last as he soon became board and his paws were becoming raw on the bottom. With a twitched of his ears he listened to the low rumble his stomach emitted, he was starving. It had been at least a month and a half since he ate and his mouth was dry but he refused to eat the left over garbage or drink out of the soiled fountain, he had to stay healthy if he was going to survive.

Rolling his tongue around in his parch mouth in hopes of reviving it from the sandpaper feeling with his own saliva he made a smacking noise and looked longingly at the old straw and brick houses. There was probably left over dog food or even meat in the houses but he had never been allowed in the houses when he lived here with the humans, was it because they were dangerous?

Shutting his verdant eyes shut softly and he let out a small exhale as he allowed his ebony paws to carry him towards the house. Opening his eyes slowly after walking a while with them closes he stared at the house looming above him. The door was ajar and he smiled softly in relief before running in and trying to be silent. The wooden floors didn't help him stay silent in the small 2 room house and he slid everywhere creating rough scratches on the floor. Cursing beneath his breath he crashed into a supply of food. It was just dry bred and apples, but he could eat the bread.. and beneath that there was something cold and hard.

Tilting his head he nudged some apples away with his nose and his mood brightened instantly. "Water" his whispered the word as if it would help him savor the scarce recourse. He tapped the rough looking canteen over, letting the water poor from the cracked open leather lid and onto the floor. he lapped at it quickly until it was all gone then straitened up and licked the rest off his pasty lips. Sighing in relief to be refreshed he gobbled up the bread and made his way quickly out of the house and sat down farther away from it back at Derek's body again. He still didn't trust sleep so he stayed awake perched up on his haunches and staring at the forest with his vibrant green eyes.

-------------------------
Word Count: 697

Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info
Wolf Gender:: Male
Other Characters: Killjoy
Crush/lover: Mehehe

https://faded.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Example- The Village Empty Re: Roleplay Example- The Village

Post by Silas Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Silas took in a shallow breth as the fire in his legs propelled him forward. Even through all the ache in his body, his brain screamed for him to run but his body begged him to stop. Only one image kept him from collapsing of exhastion.

The torso was black, and it seemed to be tht of a young wolf, but something set it apart. With it's back turned toward him he couldn't make out many features, though his back legs were tan; an unusual color combintion for wolf, and he made the assumption that it was dog. Taking a few closer steps he noticed something eerie about the dog. It seemed to be crrying many scars, Specifically on it's shoulders and joints. The whole picture was hard to figure out. It's head was a chestnut color, and at the nape of it's neck lay gnarled scar that bordered where the two pelt colors met. Strange. It was almost like he was stitched together like a quilt. The creature suddenly whipped it's head around and Sils nerly jumped out of his pelt. The beasts eyes-er where the eyes were supposed to be; were empty sockets. Dried blood trailed from the holes as resembling tears, and streming from them was weird whisps of blue smoke. His maw had apperently been sewn shut and Silas was tempted to investigate further. The creature blindly staggered toward him and only one thought came to mind as it did so. What have i done? What have i done?? The crash of leaves under thick legs woke him from his hypnotic stage and he let fear get the better of him. He bolted from the lumbering beast, tail between his legs, until the trees thinned and small settlment came into sight.

He slowed to a trot as he leisured through the vacant town, not daring to look back to see if the wolf-thing had followed. He tried to concentrte on resting his aching muscels and slowing his heart rate. He hobbled toward an old cobblestone house and settled under the covered porch. He was dead thirsty and exhausted and he subconciosly laid his head down and narrowed his eyes to slits as he fought aginst sleep.

Word count: 370
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Wolf Gender::
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Roleplay Example- The Village Create.php?text=I%20dont%20have%20a%20past%20I%20just%20have%20a%20chance&name=Achafita
Sammy's head tilted slightly when he saw a figure come tumbling through the trees. From where he was at he could see it was probably a canine of some sort, he just hoped it wasn't a monster.

Slowly the tri-colored male rose to his midnight paws and took weary steps forward, he paw step sending a jolt of pain through his long slender legs. He felt like any second he would collapse but curiosity egged him on. His hopes were high, if it was another canine maybe they could sleep and Sam could finally relax a bit more.

His claws clicked against the recently cleaned cobble stone path, his fresh eyes going over each blood mark and each scratch across the rocks. The creature that had just torn through the forest had made quite a mess of his cleaned path. There was now dirt and grass that had been caught in the thing's claws strewn across it and nettle splayed out near the edge closest to the forest.

The large male let out a snort of discuss as he arrived at the creature that was so obviously a wolf. The snort wasn't exactly directed to the wolf, but more to the mess of a pelt he bore. It was obvious he had just came out of the forest and Sam felt sorry for the poor guy. He remembered when he was in the forest, so many patchworks chasing him... so many of the creatures he had killed and stitched up like that. He shook his head vigorously. he knew that wasn't true, it was just a trick that the creatures played on him.

Shuffling his paws across the ground and clearing his throat he prodded the wolf with one ebony furred paw, making sure he was awake. "Don't fall asleep" he waned first to the wolf, staring down at him with intense green eyes. "You don't look very good" stated Sam bluntly eyeing the wolf's body that was equally as skinny as his own and ruffled with a stench of dead and pine clinging to his pasty white pelt.

"Theres a well in the center of the village" he began slowly motioning with his head to the center of the village. "The water is very good for drinking, a bit bloody and I think there might be a dead body at the bottom but I see nothing wrong with it if you're looking to bathe." He smiled weakly at the male. "It may not be very comfortable but wouldn't it be a relief to clean all the grime off of you?" Sam sat down and curled his bushy brown tail around his paws, looking over the male's dirty white coat again. "I'm sure you'd look more attractive with a clean pelt too, and after that I can help you get some food or water... then we can maybe get some sleep if you trust me enough to save you if you ever need help when asleep, and if I trust you enough."

He let out a gentle sigh and a smile itched onto his face again at the thought of sleep. He was scared of course, but if he was with someone else in the labyrinth it wouldn't be as bad. Then the thought struck him, 'what if Linc is still alive out there?' He looked at the forest, his green gaze becoming obviously sadder. He couldn't sleep with the thought that his brother could still be out there, running from Controllers and Patchworks. "Actually, I can't sleep. It's... it's to much of a risk with only two of us." He was sure he could go a little longer without sleep, but if he happened to crash then he'd be fucked.

Word Count: 627
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm

"Don't fall asleep"

Silas cringed and his eyes flew open as a wolf prodded him on the side.

"You don't look very good."

Sils looked down at his own pelt, stained with mud and leaves that clung to his snow white fur; well it used to be white. His paws and belly were stained a dull tan. He scowled at himself before looking back up at the new wolf as he spoke again.

"Theres a well in the center of the village. The water is very good for drinking, a bit bloody and I think there might be a dead body at the bottom but I see nothing wrong with it if you're looking to bathe. It may not be very comfortable but wouldn't it be a relief to clean all the grime off of you? I'm sure you'd look more attractive with a clean pelt too, and after that I can help you get some food or water... then we can maybe get some sleep if you trust me enough to save you if you ever need help when asleep, and if I trust you enough."

Silas could tell the wolf-dog thing was slightly uncomfortable, but frankly, he was a bit on edge himself. He had been through alot already. He just wanted to sleep.

"Actually, I can't sleep. It's ... it's to much of a risk with only two of us."

"Whoa Whoa Whoa."
Silas Butted in when he had finally gained his senses agin. "Who are you?" He had already begun to subconciously tense his muscels though he didn't rise from his position on the ground. The canine didn't seem to mean any harm, but it was a reflex.

Word count: 281
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

"Whoa Whoa Whoa. Who are you?"

Sammy flicked his left ear slightly realizing how strait forward he had just been. He dipped his head in apology and said in a soft voice, "oh sorry, I'm Sam." When he lifted his head again to look at the wolf he noticed his muscles tense. The male was fairly tall, but more lean and lanky then Sam which made him smile. He thought the male brave to stand up to one as muscular as Sam, but then again the male would be fast in a fight so it would be a pretty fair fight.

"And you are?" he tilted his head again and let his eyes linger back to the forest. A chill ran up his spine and he quickly turned his head back to the wolf. "By the way, sorry if I sounded like a creep, I'm a little out of it lately... a lot has happened." He looked around at the dead bodies at the edge of the forest, the knocked over scrap bins and blood stained paths. He hadn't been in the village when this had all blown over but he had a good image of what had happened.

"I need sleep, and it's dangerous to sleep alone" he explained thinking about all the people who had died in their sleep. "There are unspeakable horrors, Satan spawns that'll gouge your eyes out and let you bleed out slowly." He shuddered and exhaled slowly. "Our whole world is being destroyed..." he shook his head again, unsure exactly why he was talking to this total stranger. "We all just need help" he muttered softly at last bringing his rambling to an end.

Word Count: 276
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm

"oh sorry, I'm Sam. And you are?"

Silas stood up nd shook some dust from his pelt, still weary of the new stranger -er... was he so strange after all? "My name's Silas." He said gruffly, tracking Sam's movement.

"By the way, sorry if I sounded like a creep, I'm a little out of it lately... a lot has happened."

Silas took a look at the dried blood that littered the pavement nd seemed to haunt the wolf. "I can imagine." He whispered to himself, low enough so Sam wouldn't hear. He couldn't imagine what this mutt could've been through, and he didn't want to.

"I need sleep, and it's dangerous to sleep alone. There are unspeakable horrors, Satan spawns that'll gouge your eyes out and let you bleed out slowly."

Silas cringed as he thought back to the eyeless beast he had seen just minutes earlier. It seemed like years since then.

"Our whole world is being destroyed... We all just need help"

Silas listened intently until the brute trailed off, possibly deep in thought. A silence fell fter that and he wasn't sure if he wanted to speak up. After several moments he cleared his throat. "I'd really pprecite it if you showed me that well you mentioned..." He didn't really care about cleaning up, but he figured it was best to get this wolf to think bout something else. Get his mind off things. Then again, what did he know?

Word count: 243
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Lincoln's eyes shot open and his body automatically jumped to his paws. He had been on the verge of sleep. Just deep enough to touch the nightmares that had and would become reality. He squeezed his eyes shut and his breathing slowly quieted itself. When he was positive that he wasnt being attacked his eyes slowly fluttered open.

He was still by his old house... Sure it was burnt down and crumbling but he couldnt let it go. As a matter of fact he couldn't let the whole village go. No matter how much times the flashbacks came or how many times he walked past the torn up bodies he just couldnt leave. He hadn't bothered to clean anything. Somehow it felt like his family.... his people... were still there. Lingering ghosts waiting to be set free. It felt like if he moved the bodies they would leave him. And he couldn't stand to be alone. Sometimes he would talk to his brothers body. He would talk to all the bodies.

He gulped and took a shaky step forward. He had felt so weak lately. When he finally took the time to look around that was when he noticed the absence of silence. After... it... happened the village had gone completely silent. Even the birds didnt chirp. It drove him crazy but one gets used to it. He listened closer horror growing on his face. What if the monsters had finally come for him? He took another step forward. Muffled noises was all he could hear.

"HELLO." His voice cracked. "ANYBODY." He broke into a fit of coughing. It was too much. Maybe the voices were back. Maybe he was imagining this.

~~~~~
word count: 282
~~~~~
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm

"I'd really pprecite it if you showed me that well you mentioned..."

Bringing his unwavering gaze back to focus on the pasty male he nodded and stood up, his tail sweeping the ground behind him in a wagging motion. He turned briskly, his ears twitching in every direction as he attempted to pick up sounds of monsters. Sam had walked just a few steps away when he craned his neck so he could see the male through the corner of his eye. "Stay close to me, it would be terrible if you got lost." His tone held a serious note as he turned around and continued walking.

His ears continued with their mad twitching, his eyes bolting in every direction and his paws aching because of the stones beneath paw that rubbed at his skin. Life was hard in the village, but he got by alright compared to those living in the forest so he had no second thoughts about it, there was plenty of good food in the houses and he was able to drink rain water when it rained and his lack of sleep was becoming regular, it was nothing he couldn't handle.

The brown Brute's thoughts were lured away from the up-sides to the village when he passed the gruesome and bloody mess that was left of his brother. The brown and black male's eyes were rolled back so they were completely white and his fur was matted with blood around his eyes and neck. Letting his vibrant eyes travel up his body he looked with sadness at the three deep holes that went strait through the top of his head and the holes that came out the bottom of his muzzle as if something with large claws had stuck him right through the head.

The smell that his brother's body emitted was horrible and almost made him gag but he managed to hold it in. He still felt like Derek's death was his fault but he couldn't change the past, he could only live on while he had the chance. Sighing softly again he shook the salty tears that had been welling in his green eyes away and trotted onward.

Soon he was almost at the well. Just turn this corner and they're be there, but the distance shouting made him turn swiftly around, eyes wide. Was someone else out there? His mouth gaped open and he looked at the white male wolf strait in the eyes with a glow of authority radiating off of his verdant glare. "Silas, round this corner and the well will eb their. Do not drink the water no matter how much you want, it will make you deathly ill. Just bathe in it. Once you're done stay put and I'll be back in a second."

With a brief nod the dark furred male ran across the familiar stone and blood path's to where he heard the shouting. The blood was pounding in his ears and his pink tongue was lolling out as he strode swiftly down the path's, his muscles rippling with each stroke. It seemed light he had been running for ages until he slid to a stop. His head started pounding, his heart beat quickening and the world began to spin around him.

He teetered then plopped down quickly staring at the black wolf, no not a wolf, wolf-dog. His mouth just gaped open for a while then he shook his head to make sure it wasn't fake. ounce he was sure the wolf who had his back to him was real he screamed out a scream mixed with joy and distress and over ruling both of them was a loud bellow of fierce anger. "LINC!" he was on his feet again and running towards his brother he nearly crashed into him. He didn't know why exactly but Sam was furious with his older brother. "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" he barked loudly, a smile on his face but his expression had anger mixed in.

Word Count: 662

Last edited by Sam on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:25 pm

"Stay close to me, it would be terrible if you got lost."

Silas rolled his eyes in dismay. His arrogance forbid himself from being nervous or even cautious though he knew what this wolf had to be afraid of. A brown lump caught his eye as they walked. It was a wolf.... or he assumed it was. It's skull had been punctured and only the whites of it's eyes shown. Gross. He thought to himself as he continued to flank Sam.

"Silas, round this corner and the well will be their. Do not drink the water no matter how much you want, it will make you deathly ill. Just bathe in it. Once you're done stay put and I'll be back in a second."

Silas rounded the corner and sure enough, there sat the well just as promised. He then turned and started to yell toward the brown canine that had started at a lope toward some sound that had got his ear. "I thought we were supposed to... stay together?" He feebly protested, but the wolf was seemingly out of ear shot. He shrugged and looked around before walking toward the stone well. Gazing into the foggy water about 6 inches from the top he prepared to leap. He half jumped - half stumbled into the frigid water, the faint smell of blood biting his nose. He scrambled out of the water after a few moments as that was all he could bear. He shook his soaking torso and his fur clung to his skinny body awkwardly and he realized how mangy he had gotten. With most of the mud off though, he truly did feel reborn though. He tried to remain in control of his slight anxiety disorder as he waited by the stone well for Sam to return. Hopefully.

word count: 302
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 pm

For a moment all Linc could think of and see was the same demon that had attacked his brother running at him. That was one of the biggest memories that haunted him. TO be honest he could hardly remember any of the chaos that had gone done, much less remember how he had survived it all. But the moment that Derek had died was permanently burned into his mind. He blinked and just like that the demon transformed into his brother. Lincoln stumbled back. He wasnt sure if he was dreaming or not but either way he couldnt find words. It had been so long since he had seen a living thing. His eyes grew wide and he just stared.

Suddenly he became aware of his blood matted fur and the stench he was sure that surrounded it. He was sure he looked like a lunatic and maybe he was even considered one by now. He stumbled for words but finally decided on what to say, "Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" He chuckled and buried his snout in his brothers fur. The feeling of life warmed him. He backed away staring at the wolf/dog still unsure if it was real or not. All the conversations he had had with his brothers lifeless body now seemed silly even if he was sure thats what had kept him alive.

~~~~
word count: 230
~~~~
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:33 pm

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"

Sam rolled his eyes and ignored his older brother's comment. Did you not know how much Sammy had been through? Couldn't he just shut up and enjoy the moment? Sam wasn't one for "hugs" so when Lincoln rushed up and buried his nose into his fur Sammy just briefly rested his head on the older wolf's head.

"You know I ran away Linc" he muttered as he pulled away from his brother. It was hard not to know that Sam and their dad didn't see eye to eye and the were constantly arguing, he didn't get along well with Derek either and now that he thought about it he had only been close to Linc in terms that he was his only family member left after mom died that he didn't always argue with. Sam sighed and once again regretted running away and not trying to make his relationship with his dad work.

"What have you been doing? What exactly happened to dad? Do you know? Derek just told me-" he stopped talking and looked painfully back at Derek's dead body. He swallowed and looked back at Lincoln, his gaze hardening even though his eyes were glossy and laced with tears his eyes were like slabs of green ice they were so cold. "Derek is dead" he said plainly staring into the blue pools of Linc's eyes. "Dad's dead too... everyone is just dead." He said the words so coldly it was almost like he didn't care but his voice had a mellow and regretful tone to it.

He stared at his brother for a bit longer before remembering Silas. "Theres another survivor Lincoln, we should get back to him before something happens." The little moment of joy of seeing hsi brother faded as he turned his back on him and began to walk away. Sam always just wanted a normal and peaceful life, Linc knew that and he prayed his brother wouldn't make this harder on him like Derek would have done. He could only hope that Lincoln wouldn't make him share whats on his mind, he was perfectly fine with his unspoken thoughts.

He glanced behind him at his brother, "are you coming?" He paused, flicking his tail as he waited. He wouldn't let himself get separated from Linc again, they would be together for each other for everything. Even if they may be brothers and of course brothers bickered Sam made a promise to himself not to run away.

Word Count: 416
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 pm

"You know I ran away Linc"

Linc knew.... They all knew. Besides himself that bold move of Sammy's had affected their dad the most. Their dad just sorta gave up. Everyone knew of their bad relationship so Linc wasnt sure why dad took it so hard. If Sam had stayed he was sure his brother would of died with the rest of them...

"What have you been doing? What exactly happened to dad? Do you know? Derek just told me-"

Lincoln twitched as the memories of that night threatened to consume him. He gulped and took a deep breath closing his eyes. He wouldn't let the demons get him. Not now. Especially with Sammy here. He was pretty sure Sammy had know idea how horrible that was, but then again he didn't know what Sammy had been through. He decided to let it go. Besides Sammy ended up answering his own question. Lincoln managed to keep the memories away by focusing on a rock.

Sammy began to talk of another survivor and Lincoln was soon interested. At the same time he was worried what the survivor would think of him. Of course Sammy would understand but it was time that Lincoln finally stopped denying the strange fits and the conversations with the dead. He might be insane but in a world like this who knew what the definition on insane was anymore.

word count:236
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 am

The way back to the well was rather awkward. The two brothers didn't talk at all, there was nothing to be said. Instead Sam just looked around wearily, his ears perked and alert and his heart pounding. He ignored his brother's dead body this time, keeping his eyes up as he passed it and trying to block out the gag worthy rancid smell the body emitted.

When he arrived back at the well he trotted over to the skinny form of Silas who was drenched in water. He sat down beside the male and yawned softly. "That's my brother Lincoln" he said pointing to his brother with his nose. "I honestly don't know him that well, I ran away from home and we didn't ever really speak much." He shrugged softly and looked at the rather scrawny looking male.

"You must be freezing" he muttered realizing that he himself was cold even with this big thick coat of fur. He glanced at the well and shivered. "I'm sorry you had to do that, I promise if there was any other way for you to clean off I'd tell you..." he spoke as if the male actually cared about cleanliness. Sam was OCD, everything had to be clean but the male didn't seem to mind bathing so he thought the male wanted to be clean too.

Word Count: 227
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 am

"That's my brother Lincoln. I honestly don't know him that well, I ran away from home and we didn't ever really speak much."

Silas perked his ears and looked up as Sam and a black male entered his line of vision, presumably the brother named 'Lincoln' as he was introduced. He gave a curt nod toward the black male before turning back to Sam as he spoke again.

"You must be freezing. I'm sorry you had to do that, I promise if there was any other way for you to clean off I'd tell you..."

He hadn't actually noticed the biting cold wind until it was brought up. "Don't sweat it man." He assured the wolf, shrugging the matter off with another shake of his torso to release some more of the water that clung to hs pelt. He was alot more awake and alert than before, which was refreshing for a change. "So, what do we do now?" He looked toward Sam as he seemed the most knowlegable of this kind of situation. This was all new to him so he dropped his usual attitude and became a momentarily obediant wolf.

Word count: 200 words EXACTLY *(^-^)*
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 am

"Don't sweat it man."

Sam shut one eye and moved over some when Silas shook his fur, dislodging the droplets of water and sending them onto Sam's thick brown fur. Yawning again he rolled rolled his neck to crack it before glancing back at Linc cautiously. He was growing even more tired as the night drew on and honestly he wasn't sure how much longer he could take.

"So, what do we do now?"

Sammy sat for a second thinking about it, glancing around the village and taking in the surroundings, mapping out possible hiding places or resting spots. He had been thinking for quite a while before he finally explained. "I don't think I want to sleep yet, there may be more survivors and I don't wanna risk them sneaking up and killing us for our meat while we're asleep." If the world was normal the idea would sound insane but cannibalism was a very common thing in the new world.

"We should start scavenging the houses for food and maybe things to collect water in" he glanced around. "Most the doors are broken in or opened, if they're not we can break through windows." He swallowed, hoping he wasn't speaking to quickly. "Try not to pick up garbage or rotten food, if you find anything that could store rain water get it and bring it back to the well."

Word Count: 235
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 am

Lincoln stood back about 5 feet away watching the ground awkwardly. He wasn't very social nowadays and he was pretty sure the voices in his head were telling him that this was a all a dream. He half listened to his brothers conversation with the stranger. There was a time when he would of joined in and tried to help as much as possible but he didnt feel like talking. He was sure he would return to himself the longer he was with other wolves but for now he was okay with listening to the whispers in his head. After all it was the voices, not Sammy and this stranger, who had kept him alive for so long.

When Sammy suggested they scavenge the houses he decided he didnt need to add input. He knew what was in most of the houses near his spot and he had ate a lot of the left over food. But there was still plenty of houses to search so Linc just went along with him. He shifted his paws and decided it was time to stop being so spacey. He lifted his head and rested his gaze on the two wolves watching them with blue eyes.

wordcount: 203
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 am

"I don't think I want to sleep yet, there may be more survivors and I don't wanna risk them sneaking up and killing us for our meat while we're asleep."

Getting eaten didn't sound very promising to Silas so he listened intently for an alternative he was sure Sam would suggest.

"We should start scavenging the houses for food and maybe things to collect water in. Most the doors are broken in or opened, if they're not we can break through windows. Try not to pick up garbage or rotten food, if you find anything that could store rain water get it and bring it back to the well."

"Aye aye cap'n!" Silas shouted playfully, sounding a little more like his usual self than he had all morning. Withput waiting for further instruction he sprinted off toward the closes house. Yup, that was typical of him. He was definitly gaining back his usual personality though he was unsure of weather that was a good thing or not.

The first house he went too was very shabby. The front windows were smashed and jagged shards of glass littered the small porch. He danced around the small shards until he reached the door which was carelessly swung open and swayed slightly in the wind. As soon as he entered the dingy house he could smell rotting wood and must. He tried to ignore the strong odor and scoped for any sign of relatively fresh food. He had very little luck. Rotton cabbage, Rotton pork, Rotton apples, decaying flesh; nothing was it to eat though he was ready to eat about anything. His eyes caught onto a small shovel and pail set; a child's toy but it would hold water. Just as Sam wanted. He picked the red pail up by the handle and let the little yellow shovel clatter to the ground. With that, he gladly headed out of the house.

Word count: 302
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 am

Lincoln watched the stranger disappear into a crumbling house. He couldn't tell if he wanted more wolves to join their little group or to be left alone. In this world it was truly the more the better. He glanced at his brother, suddenly wishing for the closeness they had shared when they were pups. It just felt so awkward around him. Hopefully that would go away. He glanced away.

He was pretty sure he had seen a jar or two or preservation the humans made in a house nearby. Perhaps if he got them they could break them open somehow. He glanced at Sam one last time before nodding and starting forwards. The familiar blood soaked cobblestones passed beneath his paws and for once he barely noticed the bodies. His thoughts wandered until he found the house.

Once he was inside he nosed through rubble. Since he was so used to the stench of decaying bodies he didnt notice the human body laying in the rubble until he almost stepped on it. The human had dried blood all over its body and it looked disfigured. He gulped in disgust and looked away. Quickly he found the jars. Although they were slippery he e managed to get one with his teeth.

word count: over 200
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Sammy watched as each of them dispersed into a different stone house before he to found himself returning to the previous house he had been in, the one he found the bread and water in. Maybe the apples were still good, even if apples weren't generally something for a wolf to eat it couldn't be so bad, right? Humans ate the things like candy.

Going through the door again and being attacked by the musty scent he scrunched up his nose and walked slowly to the pile of foods. The old dirty floor boards creaked beneath his soft black paws, and maybe if humans were still left he would have cared about stealth but they were all dead as far as he knew.

He stepped over a dead body, gagging at the appalling site then finally found himself hovering over the pile of stale bread and apples. The bread that was left had been picked at by rats and birds and was wet from the water he spilled but in times like these you couldn't be to picky. Sighing the canid looked around till he saw a metal tin in the far corner of the house. Making him way across the creaking old floor he grasped the cold handle between his teeth, flinching slightly at the cold feeling that engulfed his tongue as it touched against the tin. The metal tasted horrible but he figured it was the only way so with no hesitation he made his way back over to the food.

He dropped the pail down by the soggy, bland, town up bread and slightly bruises apples. Clasping the bread carefully between his firm jaws he picked it up peice my piece and chucked it into the bucket next to the apples he had already put in. One it was all in he picked up the pail and began his way back out of the old house, placing his loot down next to the others. "Sorry, the breads a bit soggy and I don't know how apples taste really but it's all I could find."

Word Count: 350
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Silas trotted out of the shabby shed where fresh air greeted him warmly. The empty pail he held slapped against his chest as he clunked down toward the well. A scurry of overgrown claws on cobblestone sounded to his right and he quickly changed direction in pursuit of the prey animal. He cantered the short distance to the hole that his target had presumably escaped to. He could smell it now and shoved his nose into the hole excitedly. He could hear the scuttle of claws raking the dirt as the animal tried to get away and he pawed at the hole in attempt to expand it. Before long; he was flat out digging, dust coating the air and soft growls escaping his maw as he vigorously worked.

Before long, he had enough elbow room to shimmy chest deep into the shallow hole and maneuver toward the squealing critter. It was quite a lot of work for such a small meal, but when the dust cleared Silas triumphantly held a small black rat in between his jaws and he set off toward the well again after dumping the rat into his bucket.

"Tada!" He chirped as he set the pail down by the stone well nect to a couple apples and bread that he presumed Sam had brought.

Word count: 218
Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 am

Lincoln listened to the lonely sound of his paws falling on the cobblestones. The jar clicked against his teeth with each step. He was pretty sure it was food that was inside he could smell a faint trace of what he was pretty sure

He felt a lot more awake and stronger now that he had company. He just hoped they could get some sleep soon. His body had adapted to the lack of sleep but everyone had to sleep eventually. Dreams were the worst part of this new world and he was glad that he now had someone to be there while he slept. It was a scary thing and every moment could be your last. It wasn't exactly death that scared him. By now he was sure he would welcome it. It was how you died. These creatures, whatever you called them, didn't want you to just die. They wanted you to be in agony every second until your heart goes silent.

He walked past the ruins without a glance at the bodies. Once he had reached Sammy and Silras he dropped the jar by the meager items they had found. It wasnt much to the pile but food was food....

Word count: 203
Lincoln
Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 am

A dark mocha brown figure stumbled out from the broken, dipilated remains of a building, ears erect with curiousity as the cautious male edged forwards towards the sound of the voices. His heterochromic eyes held over exhaustion mixed with a curiousity that would be sadisfied with the knowledge of being able to know if it was just himself here, or if there where, indeed, others.

The malnourished male neared closer to the sound, morbidly awarre of the battered and limp bodies distributed around him. He looked away from the most mutilated of the ones he happened to pass, only catching a glance. the creature he had once known as a wolf was a destroyed pile of meat, gore, and inards. despite laying a slight glance at this thing, the image was branded permanently in his mind. The male seemed nervous as he approached these vocies. A though occured to him, that these voices belonged to one of the demonic creatures that stalked these areas, as a trick to lure any others out into the open. yet the male was desperate. He didn't know if he could withstand another day without rest, and reciding in the solitude, death at every corner.

The rich chocolate brown male nodded, making up his mind mentally, he would face these voices, creatures or not.

Cautiously, the male crept to where the vocies seemed to be echoing from. And indeed, the male observed a group of wolves, all looking exhausted and frail, but alive. A disbelieving smile lit up the male's face as he glimpsed these rag-tag strangers.

"OH MY GOD! SURVIVORS, OH MY GOD, THERE ARE REAL WOLVES STILLL HALLEJULLAH!" The male seemed to howl in complete joy at the sight of these strangers, leaping spaztically towards them "I can't BELIEVE I FOUND REAL WOLVES! I can't believe it! Oh my god you guys actually breathe and aren't dead AND OH MY GOD!"

The extremely joyful male stoppped, panting and staring expectantly at these strangers, expecting them to respond in a similar fashion.

Word count: 338
Rocky
Rocky

Wolf info
Other Characters: N/A
Crush/lover: He's too fab for you.

http://lostshores.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 am

Sam wrote:

(Rocky post a bio you noob D<)
The male had just began observing the other wolf's gatherings when he heard a loud voice yelling in excitement. Turning around to face the shouting wolf Sam's ears shot back against his brown head. Why was this wolf being so loud anyways? "Hel-" he tried to say hello to the guy but he just kept screaming.

Sighing Sam sat down and waited for the male to finish. "Well, I hope your finished now" he said bluntly, staring at the wolf with a curious glare. "Hello, I'm Sam, and this-" he moved his head, motioning back to the other two survivors. "this is my group. The black male that looks a bit like me is my brother Lincoln and the other wolf that all wet is Silas."

Sam hoped the other two wouldn't mind him introducing him. It would save the time and he really saw no reason why he shouldn't go ahead and introduce them. "You can stay with us if you want" he said glancing back with a glare at the other two, daring them to object. "But you're expected to do your fair share of work."

Once he finished talking Sam was up on his feet again nosing through all the brought food and tallying up what they had got. It wasn't a big amount but probably tjhe most food he'd seen in ages and it took all his will power not to eat it all there. "We're not gonna eat it today" he said firmly sitting down and looking up at all the wolves. "If we eat it all as soon as we get it we'll constantly have to be getting more, we'll each get our own share once a week. It's not gonna be the most filling meals but wolves can go months without eating, we'll be fine and shouldn't die of hunger, we'll just feel empty."

He glanced at the buckets of water. "As for water, it rains quite a lot so feel free to drink as much water as you want, just make sure theres always some left in case of emergency." Sam sighed softly and smiled at the wolves. It seemed like life in the village would be easier with other wolves, but he had no doubts that it would still be very frightening. He didn't totally trust these wolves yet, only Linc so he wasn't going to sleep quite yet, maybe in a couple of days. "We'll sleep in a few days" he said laying down and rolling over onto his side.

Word Count: 424
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am

Silas raised his lip at the annoyingly over joyed male. He was almost surprised when Sam invited him to stay with them. More wolves meant less food for him and that was all that mattered. He didn't push the subject though, instead focusing on Sam who had begun to speak again.

"We're not gonna eat it today. If we eat it all as soon as we get it we'll constantly have to be getting more, we'll each get our own share once a week. It's not gonna be the most filling meals but wolves can go months without eating, we'll be fine and shouldn't die of hunger, we'll just feel empty."

Silas growled at this. No way was he about to give up eating. He was starving and frankly, he deserved some food! "Who are you to tell me when I can and can't eat?" He took a challenging step toward Sam, his stance rigid. "I want to eat and I want to sleep, and you can't stop me!" He wasn't exactly sure why he was doing this. Sam was way stronger, and in a fight Silas wouldn't stand a chance. That didn't stop him though. There was his stupid headstrong attitude, always getting him into trouble.

Word count: 207

Silas
Silas

Wolf info
Other Characters:
Crush/lover:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:53 am

"Who are you to tell me when I can and can't eat?"

"If you want to be able to eat whenever you please and not have to struggle through houses everyday for food then you should listen to me" he said plainly shrugging slightly and keeping calm despite he was irritated by Silas' behavior. "I don't understand how you could even be so greedy in a time like this, I had figured once we all became damned and doomed to die sometime anyways people will start caring about each other a little more." He narrowed his eyes and took a step forward in a threatening way. He wasn't about to get into a fight or anything, but if Silas insisted to eat and tried to steal food he would probably have to pin him.

"I want to eat and I want to sleep, and you can't stop me!"

He snorted, what was up with him? Sam had made this choice because it was for the best of the pack, everyone would have enough food to survive and everyone would have fair amounts, what was wrong with this? "I'm not stopping you from sleeping" he said feircly, his green eyes that are usually kind and welcoming becoming fierce and hard. "But if you never wake up again, then thats your own fault. We don't have any room to have enemies in these times." He managed to keep a cool tone, not wanting to provoke a fight.

Glancing over at the food he sighed, "it's not advised to jump before you think. If we all start eating as we please then many of us will starve and we'd run out of food quicker." Sam tried to explain the best he could but wasn't sure if he was explaining it very well. "The monsters that lurk the forest and haunt our dreams wouldn't be our only problem if we ate as we pleased, we'd have to deal with hunger. If you ever sneak food, think about it. If just one wolf sees you eating out of term, they'll do the same until the whole pack is eating everything. When we run out of food, we'll all die, we'll become like the so many that have died before us." He snorted and stared at Silas. "So if you eat out of term, you'll be no better than the monsters, you'd kill so many innocents."

Word Count: 404
Sam
Sam
Admin

Wolf info

Back to top Go down